Company and contribution profile
UnitedHealth Group is a diversified health care company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and helping make the health system work better for everyone. With its global headquarters in Minnetonka, UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services.
UnitedHealth Group’s 325,000 diverse team members worldwide—including 20,000 in Minnesota—are doctors, nurses, technologists, customer care professionals, data scientists, and more. The company is adaptable, restless and committed to shaping the future of health care in collaboration with the people it is privileged to partner with and serve.
UnitedHealth Group recognizes the unique opportunity to help solve the health care challenges of today. That is why the company is leading in the development of a next-generation health system in a socially conscious way – a system that increases access to care, makes care more affordable, enhances the care experience and improves health outcomes. UnitedHealth Group is advancing these goals by:
- Advocating for policies to achieve universal coverage for more than 20 years—working to ensure everyone has access to affordable, high-quality health coverage.
- Working to make health care more affordable for people and flattening the curve of rising health care costs.
- Creating a simpler, more transparent and more personal health care experience for consumers and physicians.
- Driving better health outcomes by prioritizing preventive care and reduces the burden of disease.
UnitedHealth Group’s business practices and philanthropic efforts are an extension of its mission to help people live healthier lives and help the health system work better for everyone. Since 2000, the company has contributed more than $1 billion to nonprofits and communities where its employees live and work. Through its best-in-class employee giving program, UnitedHealth Group employees contributed in 2019:
- $50 million and volunteered 2.6 million hours globally, including matching donations and volunteer rewards
- $12 million to organizations based in Minnesota, including matching donations and volunteer rewards
- 212,000 volunteer hours from Minnesota-based employees
At this unprecedented time in history, UnitedHealth Group has committed more than $100 million fight COVID-19, support impacted communities and address emerging health care issues related to the pandemic. And while the company has led efforts for decades to identify, monitor and address health disparities to close gaps and make the health system work better for everyone, UnitedHealth Group is redoubling its commitment to achieving greater health equity in America and around the world.
View UnitedHealth Group’s company and giving profile.